Teamsters Local Union 413
Nomination of candidates for four (4) delegates and eight (8) alternate delegates to the June 2021 International Brotherhood of Teamsters Convention in Las Vegas, NV, will be held on:
Date: Saturday, February 6, 2021
Time: 1:00 PM
Location: Teamsters Local Union No. 413 Hall
555 East Rich Street
Columbus, OH 43215
The expenses of sending the delegates to the IBT Convention will be paid by the Local Union. The expenses of sending eight (8) alternate delegates will be paid by the Local Union.
Eligibility to Nominate
To be eligible to nominate or second, a member must have paid dues through January 2021.
Dues and arrearages must be paid by 5:00 PM on February 5, 2021 at Teamsters Local Union No. 413, 555 East Rich Street, Columbus, Ohio 43215.
Eligibility to Run
To be eligible to run for Convention delegate or alternate delegate, a member must:
- Be a member in continuous good standing of the Local Union, with one’s dues paid to the Local Union for a period of twenty-four (24) consecutive months prior to the month of nomination with no interruptions in active membership due to suspensions, expulsions, withdrawals, transfers or failure to pay fines or assessments;
- Be employed at the craft within the jurisdiction of the Local Union for a period of twenty-four (24) consecutive months prior to the month of nomination; and,
- Be otherwise eligible to serve if elected.
It is strongly recommended that each prospective nominee request advance verification of his/her eligibility to run for delegate or alternate delegate. The request should be made in writing to the Election Supervisor as soon as possible, but in no event less than five (5) working days prior to the nomination meeting. The Election Supervisor will not be able to verify eligibility of any prospective nominee who requests verification less than five (5) working days prior to the nomination meeting.
Method of Nomination
Delegate candidates will be nominated and seconded separately from alternate delegate candidates. All nominations for delegate and alternate delegate shall be at large. Any member may:
- Be nominated and seconded orally from the floor by members in good standing other than the nominee; or,
- Be nominated and seconded in writing by members in good standing, other than the nominee. The use of Election Supervisor Form 44 (available under “Official Forms” at www.ibtvote.org) is encouraged but not required. Written nominations and seconds must
- be submitted or mailed to the Local Union Secretary-Treasurer at 555 East Rich Street, Columbus, OH 43215 or emailed to email@example.com so as to be received no later than 5:00 PM of the day before the day of the nominations meeting;
- State whether it is a nomination or a second;
- Identify the name of the person being nominated or seconded;
- Identify if the nomination or second is for delegate or alternate delegate;
- Be signed by and include the full street address of the nominator or seconder (an email with a scanned or smart-phone-photographed signature is acceptable). Nominators or seconds may include, at their option, the last four digits of their SSN and;
- Be treated by the presiding officer as if it had been made from the floor.
- Nominate or second more than one (1) candidate;
- Be nominated or seconded by more than one (1) member;
- Decline to be nominated or seconded by a particular person or persons.
Any member who intends to nominate or second a candidate may also request that the Election Supervisor verify his/her eligibility to do so. All such requests must be in writing and must be received by the Election Supervisor no less than five (5) days prior to the nomination meeting.
Acceptance of Nomination
The nominee may accept either:
- In person at the meeting; or, if absent, in writing.
- If acceptance is made in writing, the acceptance document must include the nominee’s name, position for which he or she is accepting nomination, full street address and signature. Acceptors may include, at their option, the last four digits of their SSN.
- The acceptance document must be presented to the presiding Local Union officer no later than the time the member is nominated. Any member present at the meeting may produce the written acceptance at the time the member is nominated. If no member is to be present at the meeting, a written acceptance may be mailed or emailed to the mailing address or email address listed above or faxed to the office of the Secretary-Treasurer, to be received no later than the time the meeting is scheduled to begin.
- For written acceptance, the use of Election Supervisor Form 44 (available under “Official Forms” at www.ibtvote.org) is encouraged but not required.
No member may accept nomination for both delegate and alternate delegate.
Any candidate for delegate and alternate delegate is permitted to run as a member of a slate, which is defined as any grouping by mutual consent of two or more candidates. To qualify on the election ballot as a slate, a Slate Declaration Form (Election Supervisor Form 10, which is available from the Secretary-Treasurer or the Election Supervisor at the www.ibtvote.org),must be completed and submitted to the Secretary-Treasurer, with a copy to the Election Supervisor, no later than three (3) days after the Local Union’s final nominations meeting.
For additional information relating to the nomination or election process for IBT International Delegates or Alternates, please contact your Local Union Secretary-Treasurer, the Election Supervisor, or the Election Supervisor Regional Director.
The Election Supervisor may be contacted at: Contact the OES Regional Director at:
Office of the Election Supervisor for the Dan Walsh, Regional Director
International Brotherhood of Teamsters 950 Duxbury Court
1990 M Street, N.W., Suite 650 Cincinnati, OH 45255
Washington, D.C. 20036 513-289-7787
844-428-8683 Toll Free Dwalsh@ibtvote.org
It is with regret that we advise that the General Executive Board has determined that the pandemic will prevent the International Union from conducting the 30th International Convention in-person. While we are hopeful that the new vaccines will be distributed and administered to much of the public before June, many people responsible for conducting an in-person Convention need to be in Las Vegas within the next few weeks to make the necessary arrangements. After we have all worked so hard over these months to protect our members by providing PPE and forcing employers to act responsibly, we cannot put delegates and convention planners at risk. Nor can we predict that it will be safe to travel to Las Vegas in June, or that regulations in Nevada will permit such a large gathering.
You will soon be receiving the Official Convention Call. It will set forth the procedural accommodations that will be in effect for this Convention, to the extent we can anticipate at this time. Additional adjustments may be necessary depending on the future course of the pandemic and governmental regulations. There will not be any changes to the Constitutional provisions for electing delegates or the basis for determining representation from Locals, Joint Councils or other affiliates or nominating and voting for candidates for International office.
Despite the fact we will be separated physically, we will be unified in our commitment to accomplishing the goals of the Convention, nominating candidates, adopting amendments to the Constitution, adopting resolutions that will maintain this Union’s position at the forefront of the labor movement, and addressing the future needs of our members. We urge you to stay safe, take the vaccine when it becomes available, and stay Teamster strong.Paused